A building surveyor is responsible for ensuring that a building is safe, energy efficient and habitable.
Consul are fully qualified and accredited as Members of the RICS to carry out all types of building surveying work involving the design, construction and management of a property asset.
Our day to day services will often include:
- Identifying structural faults and making recommendations for repairs.
- Assessing damage for insurance claims,
- Establishing responsibility for building repair costs,
- Advising clients on issues such as:
- Property boundary disputes.
- Party wall issues.
- Acting as an expert witness during legal proceedings.
- Ensuring compliance with building regulations, fire safety and accessibility standards.
- Handling planning applications with improvement or conservation grants
We liaise closely with other construction professionals, such as engineers, architects and builders to ensure that a clients property project is designed and constructed to fully comply with current building regulations.
At the concept stage we can provide strategic advice on schematic development plans, advise on alternative design options and advise clients before a commitment is made to purchase.
Residential Loft Conversions, Extensions and Internal Alterations with Refurbishment Works
Consul offer a full professional surveying service and will advise at the outset whether your roof space is suitable for conversion, suitable land for extension works and advise of the works required for internal alteration works.
Click here to find out more about planning a loft conversion, extension work and internal alterations.