Consul Chartered Surveyors are certified and accredited by leading UK and international, professional industry standards organisations:
- RICS – Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- BS ISO 9001:2015 certified with SGS United Kingdom Ltd
- CHAS – The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme
- Certified membership of the Association for Project Safety
- Membership of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors
Accreditation is only awarded to companies who meet and maintain the rigorous requirements, and high standards set and regulated, as contained in the Public Sector Conditions of Contract.
RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) is the world’s leading organisation for professionals in property, land, construction and related environmental issues.
Their standards and guidance cover all areas of surveying practice and embody best practice in:
- Professional statements, practice statements, codes of practice, guidance notes and information papers.
- Promoting and enforcing the highest international standards in the valuation, management and development of land, real estate, construction and infrastructure.
Consul Chartered Surveyors are members of the RICS and, as chartered surveyors, we provide technical and commercial skills, and experience necessary to operate at the highest level in today’s property and construction markets.
Quality Management System
Our quality management system is also certified by:
- SGS United Kingdom Ltd / United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS)
Consul are in strict compliance with the International Standard BS EN ISO 9001:2015 for the provision of Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying, Project Coordination and Principal Designer for CDM Services.
Our standards of performance are constantly monitored at directorship level. Regular internal and external audits also ensure that the commissions carried out and the service provided:
- Are carried out by thorough and precise consultation, and detailed reference to all collected and historical data.
- Conducted with due care and diligence.
- On time and in accordance with best interests of the client.
- Are best value within the approved expenditure.
SGS | UKAS ISO 9001:2015
SGS United Kingdom Ltd is acknowledged as the global benchmark for quality and integrity in inspection, verification, testing and certification. Recognition by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS), an independent body, demonstrates the competence, impartiality and performance capability of SGS as evaluators, against internationally agreed standards.
The International Standard ISO 9001:2015 specifies requirements for putting in place a Quality Management System intended to be applicable to all organisations, regardless of type, size and product provided.
Consul Chartered Surveyor Services fully operate within a certified quality management system based on ISO 9001:2015, which ensures our ability to:
- Consistently provide products and services that meet customer, and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Allow opportunities to enhance client satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system.
- Address risks and opportunities associated with context and objectives.
- Demonstrate conformity to specified quality management system requirements.
CHAS (The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme) aims to improve health and safety standards across the UK. CHAS Accreditation is audited by the Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) – supported by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) – and the UKAS accredited certification body BM TRADA Certification to both ISO9001 and ISO14001 standards.
CHAS set industry benchmarks for their health and safety legislation, created to:
- Simplify health and safety contractor assessment by standardising requirements.
- Allow companies to avoid undergoing health and safety assessments for every job.
Consul Chartered Surveyors are accredited by CHAS, in key areas, such as:
- Organisation for health and safety.
- Job method statements, risk assessments, references, training and available resources.
- Safe management of work, undertaking proper method statements and liaison, effective site management and supervision.
CONSTRUCTION LINE ( part of Capita Plc)
As the UK’s largest pre-qualification database, ConstructionLine is a Government-run scheme, which collects, verifies and monitors company information to industry standard, PAS 91, developed by the British Standards Institution (BSI).
Health and Safety standards must be met if companies, consultants and contractors are to be eligible for contract awards. A bespoke ConstructionLine questionnaire collects necessary company information and carefully assesses compliance to health and safety, and all relevant aspects of company competence.
As a listed accreditation of ConstructionLine, our clients can have access to an effective short listing method and, thereby, are assured peace of mind that we comply with the correct Health and Safety procedures.
Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors
Covering all aspects of Party wall surveying including mediation and boundaries.